What is Sexual Health?
Sexual Health is very well defined by The World Health Organization which explains sexual health is the state of physical, emotional, mental and social well-being in relation to sexuality, it is not purely the absence of disease, dysfunction or infirmity. Sexual health is seen to be requiring a very positive and respectful approach to sexuality & sexual relationships as well as the possibility of having pleasurable and safe sexual experiences, free of coercion, discrimination and violence.
When comes the point of discussing about the problems of sexual health, then it’s evident that many men are seen suffering these sexual health problems during intimacy due to many other problems.
Causes of sexual health Problems
The researches reveal that “About 31% of men and 43% of women have some kind of difficulty during intimacy or sex”. But many types of sexual health problems can be cured wisely with developing technology. There are a few major causes of sexual health problems which include:
- Physical and mental health
- Relationship concerns
If necessary steps are taken then you can do better in terms of your sexual health.
Common Sexual Problems
Men are seen to experience problems in sexual health during different points of intimation. Men are seen experiencing most of the conditions like:
- Lack of sexual desire
- Inability to get or keep an erection
- Orgasms that happen too slowly or too quickly
- The inability of having orgasms
- Disfigurements of your penis. This is one type of Peyronie’s disease, in which a buildup of collagen or scar tissue causes the penis to bend
- Retrograde ejaculation, when semen is forced back into your bladder instead of out of your penis. This may happen in men with nerve mutilation, or after bladder or prostate surgery.
Sexual problems in men
These days very recently it’s highly evident how men are facing troubles and different types of health problems in terms of sexual health. So, let’s discuss about few sexual problems which are haunting men in their life. Listed below are all the different types of diseases that men are been haunting since so long which include:
1..Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
- It’s highly agreed that sex plays an important role and also is a part of healthy life. But again, it can also carry risks of carrying sexually transmitted infections, if you aren’t aware of safe intimacy or safe sex.
- So it’s highly important to acknowledge how to prevent yourself from sexually transmitted diseases by practicing safe sex, and also reduces the rate of unplanned pregnancy.
- There are many Sexually Transmitted infections or diseases which include: Chlamydia, Genital herpes, Genital warts, Gonorrhea (the clap), Hepatitis B, HIV infection (AIDS), and Syphilis etc.
2. Delayed Ejaculation
- This condition arises in a person due to the consumption of many medicines that lead to delayed ejaculation, including antidepressants, steroids, pain killers, and some medicines for high blood pressure and heart disease.
- Consuming alcohol also causes delayed ejaculation for many men.
- Besides this, there can be physical reasons or some chronic illnesses like diabetes or multiple sclerosis, or increasing age. Repeated delayed ejaculation may be due to getting old or increasing age.
3. Dry Orgasm
- Some men can have orgasm without ejaculating at all. They still have the feeling of having an ejaculation but it’s observed that no semen comes out. Either there is no semen produced or the semen travels backward into the bladder.
- Sometimes dry orgasm can happen after surgery to the bladder or prostate, which stops semen from being produced. Or it can happen after radiotherapy to the pelvis. In these cases, something has physically altered the usual flow of semen through the urethra and out the penis.
4. Prolonged erection
- This condition of prolonged erection occurs when the blood circulation in the penis becomes trapped and seen to be not in good movement of circulation.
- A persistent, prolonged erection of the penis that will not go down is called priapism. This unwanted erection may or may not be caused by sexual arousal, and is usually observed to be very painful and can last for 2 hours or longer.
- This condition is tagged to be medical emergency. So, its highly recommended to visit a doctor when you see a person suffering with such type of condition.
If a medical condition such as heart diseases, diabetes, obesity or depression is affecting your sex life, your doctor may need to address it first. Your doctor might suggest changing unhealthy habits, such as smoking or drinking too much alcohol, and encourage you to do some yoga or exercise because it’s believed that these small changes in your daily life would further improve your life style at the same time will improve your overall health as well as your ability to have intimacy or sex.